Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE Profile PK7800 Microwave Oven Combo

bigszilla17

bigszilla17

Hi, I have a GE Profile PK7800 microwave oven combo that does not work. The display is not on, and none of the buttons respond. However, the oven light does come on if you open the door. Prior to it going completely dead, it gave several notices in the days before that an unexpected power failure occurred and would stop working during use. But you could always restart it. Breaker seems fine and there's power going to the oven light. Any ideas on what would progress from intermittent failures in the few days before to completely dead? Thank!

You're missing a few letters and a number in your model number.

If it's been telling you it's been seeing power failures then it's seeing a power loss somewhere and power fluctuations like that can severely damage PCBs, especially multiple failures over a short period of time. I would start at the junction box behind the oven assembly. You'll have to pull the unit out of the wall to access it, A loose connection in that box could result in your multiple power losses. Work your way from the junction box up to the connection at the appliance. Regardless of model number, the symptoms you're describing point to an external power issue that resulted in damage of the computer board. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

His mdl number may be correct, I've never seen this before.IMG_20240729_145153.thumb.jpg.2e5d3c89653eb4703e214b7f3036f972.jpg