Problems with your front load washer that likes to shake, rattle, and roll, walking all over the floor, banging into things, and generally stirring up hate and discontent? Doctor John, with a PhD in Appliantology from Fixin' 'em for a Living University, offers these sage tips for calming that machine down:
Try the following:
1) Level the washer with a LEVEL TOOL
2) Once level---get rid of the LEVEL TOOL---it'll never be needed again.
3) Place a single towel (to mimic an imbalanced load condition) in the tub and select the SPIN ONLY cycle.
4) As the tub begins to *ramp-up* to a faster spin speed---feel both of the front leveling legs of the washer with your fingers.
Adjust the leveling leg that is lifting/hopping off the floor (usually 1/4 to 1/2 turn)until the leg stops lifting up & down.
5) Lock all of the leveling legs of the washer (this done by tightening a *nut* on the leg---against the washer frame) to prevent an
out-of-adjustment of the leveling leg from normal vibration over time.
This applies to all front loading washers on WOOD or CONCRETE FLOORS.