Stay connected with us...
See this calendar event for details:
Webinar Recordings Index Page 09/21/2017One of the benefits of your Professional Appliantologist membership is that you can attend the regular, live training webinars and you have access to the recordings as well. So if you can't make it to the live webinar, catch the recording at your convenience. The webinar recordings are conveniently listed for you on the Webinar Recordings Index Page.
Manually Jumpering The Optics Board In A Whirlpool IDI System
And here's another technique:
MANUALLY STARTING AN IDI ICE MAKER
The following procedure may be helpful when trying to manually start an IDI ice
maker. The procedure will override the 50 minute ice maker time-out.
1. Jump test points “T” to “H”.
2. Make sure the ice bin is on the door, the IDI slide is “on,” and both doors are
3. Unplug the unit, or turn off the power for 10 seconds, and then reapply power.
4. After 10 seconds, open and close the freezer door.
5. After 15 seconds, open the freezer door. The ice maker should be running.
6. Remove the jumper from test points “T” to “H”.