Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

60's freezer cord replacement Model# RE4 7961G

tyler.harden

tyler.harden

I have a 1960's Gambles Coronado 204 upright freezer. We've been trying to figure out how to replace the service cord properly. I'm trying to avoid just splicing and soldering a new cable on to the old one. We unfortunately have no user manual and have been left with a wiring diagram on the back of the freezer. I have some personal experience with doing this sort of maintenance on newer appliances, but with this one I'm feeling a bit in over my head. I've been able to trace the cord to the front right corner of the freezer and have not been able to find where it goes from there. It looks like there are some screws underneath that could be hiding it, but I'm unsure. Also I'm confused by the diagram. it shows the cord going to an unlabeled box. not sure what is represents but there is nothing like it near the location it shows. The trim on the inside of the freezer is removable, but contains no trace of the service cord. I'll include some photos that I have, as well as any other info I can think of. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

20230921_011547.jpg

20230921_011558.jpg

20230921_011924.jpg

20231008_235525.jpg

20231009_000904.jpg

20231009_000928.jpg

20231009_001004.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tyler.harden

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tyler.harden
8 hours ago, OJ44 said:
  • Carefully examine the exterior and look for the access panels, covers, or plates that might be concealing the service cord's path or connections.
  • Since you've traced the cord to the front right corner of the freezer, try removing any interior trim or panels in that area. While the cord may not be visible from the outside, it could be routed through the freezer's interior. Look for any wire channels or routing paths.
  • Inspect the bottom of the freezer for any removable panels or covers.
  • Seek professional refrigerator repair service from experts

Thank you very much for the reply. I'll see if there are any more panels to pull and post some pictures here. Hoping to be able to take care of this myself. However, if it turns out to be a cluster, I will certainly hire it done professionally.