Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Thermador PRG486GDH -no gas or igniter on one side, everything else works including broil function.

Jado27

This unit is about 6 years old.   The igniter on the large oven went out about a year ago and I replaced it. Recently the large oven stopped working.  There is no gas coming out and the igniter is not turning on.  All top burners work. The left oven works fine and the broil function works fine in both ovens.  I reset the breaker twice without any change.  When I set the oven to bake and set a temperature the 2 blue "oven-on" and "preheat" lights turn on and I get the usual click, but no gas comes out in the main oven and no igniter heat, the blue lights stay lit and nothing happens.

Seems unlikely its the full PC board.  Possibly a bad thermostat, or gas valve, temp sensor?  I know the fixing kit is also involved in gas regulation.  If the oven had a fail safe from a temperature sensor or a blower motor or latch I would think it would also block the use of the broil function.  Im getting no blinking error codes.   Ive also tried selecting convection mode or long cook mode, but nothing works in the right oven aside from broil. 

If the gas valve fails or the igniter shorts (not just fails) would it cause these symptoms?  

Any help appreciated I'm not sure where to start.

Parts diagrams if needed: https://www.thermador.com/us/supportdetail/product/PRG486GDH/13#/Tabs=section-spareparts/

image.png.6d159dbb91cea7afa67e6aa7d3ba57c5.png

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jado27

• peter_boston

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

peter_boston

Any success?  I have a similar problem but it's the small oven on the same model.  Ignitor does go on (i had to replace this a few months ago) but gas doesn't go on and the oven doesn't light.  Broil works and the larger oven works normally.  Did you find a solution?  Thank you.