Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE Dishwasher - GDT655SSJ0SS , does not turn on....

ndnboy

Hi there, new here and having an issue with GE Dishwasher.

Had been working find and then it wasn't even turning on. Its plugged in and breaker is on.

Any assistance on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated, Thanks. 

GE Dishwasher -

Model # GDT655SSJ0SS 

8 years old

Hey sounds like an expensive repair... take the bottom kick panel off and check the voltage for 120 first then if yes pull control board down then see if you have these pins on the left side #2-5 I'm not 100% sure so don't be mad... look for 14vdc if nothing you probably have a bad board if you do then the user interface board but you need a tech sheet to know for sure... if you do see flashing lights count them...

Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 10.33.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 10.36.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 10.36.14 PM.png

Edited by dfphoto
  • Like 1

Afternoon, missed notification on response.

Just removed  panel and checked for power, good. Hope to drop panel and check board, will ket you know.

I replaced board a lil over a year ago, let's see if it that again vs the harder to get to 2nd board. I had ordered via Amz last go around, looks like they run in the $170 range, does that sound correct?

Thanks

Never replaced a board on dishwasher, I've only got to work on one so far... option on the board is the buy a used one on ebay... so far I've had good success going that route... but only 3x have I had to do this...  what you're doing is isolating if the touch panel the 14v is good and if the main board is sending the 14v to the touch panel.

Pins 2 and 5 came back with no power, I guess I need a new board : (

Thanks for the help

double check the other pins I don't have the schematic so make sure...

Part finally came in, replace but no joy. I tested the 5 pins again and don't get any juice. Power is coming to board from breaker and there is a light on the board.

Would you guess they ssent me bad replacement? Since not getting 14 on pins?

Looks like there are jumpers that need to be set for each model but in seattle on the phone so  not  really able to check it out semi difficult at the moment when i go home to la

Board I replaced doesn't have personality jumpers shown on your photos...

20240130_180804.jpg

Tell the customer to call GE?

I've worked out a bunch of those dishwashers. And have never had a successful permanent repair without replacing both boards at the same time, which it current prices, is almost the same price as an entire new dishwasher

I'ddouble check that the board is actually getting 120 volts. A lot of times the installers do terrible connections with the line cord and the wire nuts just fall off or the wires pull apart.

Edited by Terry Carmen
  • Like 1