Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Electrolux EW24ID80QS Drain Issue E20 Error Problem

Codeman00

Codeman00

Hello, my Electrolux EW24ID80QS has a E20 Error Drain Issue problem.  During the cycle, the E20 error comes on.  It was occasional at first, then it started to happen every time to the point that none of the cycles would work. 

I did a google search and found that E20 was drain clog so I cleaned the filter, drain, removed the drain line completely, and cleaned it too with a pressure hose.  I even cleaned out the entry hole of the garbage disposal...its all clean, all the way through.  I did see some blockage where the drain line connects to the dishwasher at the bottom, where a piece of food got past the filter, but its all clear now. 

After that, the dishwasher worked for a few cycles, and little by little, the E20 error has come back.  Google says it could be the drain pump, pressure sensor switch... or on another site it said the "turbitity" sensor....but I can't find a definitive part to replace.  I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on parts and not know if I'm replacing the correct part, so I thought I would ask here for help.  

Does anyone know what exactly I need to order and replace before I have to call a tech?

https://www.partselect.com/Models/EW24ID80QS0A/Sections/Electrical-Parts/?ModelID=6924024&ModelNum=EW24ID80QS0A&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=4&Selected=2A737F61D7AD6A772916D45EBE2B44EBDC637ED0&Position=3&mfg=Frigidaire&Type=Washer&Mark=3

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codeman00

Codeman00

Thanks Grasshoppah for posting that. There are a couple of things there I can check.  Seems like I need to remove the drain pump and check it.  I think I can find everything, but is there any online documentation that shows an exploded view of the drain system?

Yes.  I put I to Google your model number and service manual.  Scribd had it but you have to subscribe or upload a document to them. But another site had it also which you can view but not download without a blood sample or similar as I recall.  

It has a view of the turbidity sensor and everything else. I didn't look too much for lack of time and no way to know if you'll come back to your post. I don't know anything about this model but I'll watch the thread and provide what I can if I can. 

Codeman00

Thanks Dr.!!  I worked for Electrolux for about 10 years, but after they laid me off, it's not as easy for me to get the parts manuals, service manuals and service bulletins. 

I checked again and scribd wants you to sign up for a monthly plan but they give you 30 days free and you can cancel right after you sign up. I downloaded the PDF but I can't upload it here as PDF is no supported or allowed, not sure which. 

• 1 month later...
Codeman00

I just wanted to close the loop on this for anyone that reads it in the future.

I ended up replacing the pressure switch A00055408 ($55) as my service repairman suggested.  After reading the reviews of people that replaced the switch for the same issue, I really thought it would fix the problem.  Unfortunately, after a couple of runs with no error, the same error message again and again. 

The service guy came back out and was talking directly with Electrolux service and they of course had no answers for how to repair their appliance.  My service guy noted that the only other option really isn't an option...a $450 replacement of the main board.  That's way too much for a $1000, 7 year old dish washer. 

So I went out and bought a BOSCH!  Never again, Electrolux.