Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Frigidaire FFHB2750TS3 - Icemaker Not Making Ice

Clarkbug

Hello Everyone.

Looking for some tips on where to troubleshoot my icemaker.  

The Frigidaire above is actually a warranty replacement from my first one where the icemaker couldnt get repaired after about 6 attempts, so they gave me a new fridge and asked me to go away.  This fridge has been relatively troublefree, up until recently.

About two months ago the icemaker stopped working after working fine all summer.  When this had happened with my old fridge, it seemed that it was the fan/coil were getting iced up, so if I turned the icemaker off on the front panel for a few days, things would thaw and I would get ice for a few weeks.  I tried it here, and it made maybe one or two batches of ice, then nothing.

I replaced the filter, which I had not done in a while, and was hoping there was a fill issue.  That didnt fix the issue.

Currently, if I turn off my icemaker for two or three days, I can turn it back on, it will cycle, and it will make a few batches of ice, but then just stops.  

Are there any steps I should take for troubleshooting?  Not even sure where to start.  

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clarkbug

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update.  Icemaker is still intermittently making ice.  Works for a few days, then I have to switch it off for two or three, then will start making ice again when turned back on.  

Is there an easy way to check door gaskets to see if that might be the cause of my issue?  The air in my house isnt very humid this time of year, so wouldnt think its frosting the coil up too quickly.

Disclaimer: I'm no professional, I'm just a DIY person who's bored at work

My experience has been that ice makers in modern freezers are simply poor quality.  I don't know why but they just die.  I have replaced ours three times in ten years.  It's possible there is any electrical issue but I personally think its unlikely.

It may be worth it to you to just buy a new one from wherever you can find the price you want and install it.  

Your setup is a french door which makes access to it less desirable but you can do it.  The biggest part is 4 large screws on the slides that secure the door.  They are 3/8" drive on mine.  Take those out and then the door lifts off the hinges.  It hangs on the slides with a pin on each side which makes it really easy to remove and replace. The installation instrctions that Frigidaire provides shows this but the picture is very low resolution and not easy to identify where those 4 screws are.

There's videos on youtube about how to do this and to replace the ice maker. Search for Frigidaire french door ice maker or something like that.

The ice maker part number is 243297606 according to the parts diagram I see. I see it for $60. plus shipping. I would avoid ebay unless you're familiar with the seller; I think often people sell less than new ones as new.