Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE electric dryer dcvh680ej1ww won't start - thermal fuse?

dalegribble

dalegribble

Hi folks,

I have a GE dcvh680ej1ww electric dryer that won't start.

• The control panel turns on.
  • If the door is closed, I press the start button and hear the electronic click that it wants to start operation, but nothing happens. No buzzing, no mechanical sounds.
  • I think the door switch is ok, because when I have the door open, it gives the double-beep that the door needs to be closed to operate.
  • Is the thermal fuse the likely culprit? I'm about to pull out the dryer from the corner so I can see where the fuse might be, but I don't know that yet.

Might it be narrowed down to one of these?:

Parts for GE DCVH680EJ1WW: Controls & Backsplash Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

Parts for GE DCVH680EJ1WW: Controls & Backsplash Parts in stock and ready to ship today. 365 days to return any part.
www.appliancepartspros.com

Thank you for your help. Please let me know what other info I can provide for diagnosis.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dalegribble

• DADoESTX

dalegribble

To close the loop, a neighbor to whom I told my plight offered their spare dryer. So I've put aside the old one for now and making sure the new one works.

Parts diagrams don't reference a thermal fuse on this model but there are extra thermostats and thermistors that function as safeties.  There's also a belt-break switch that won't let the motor run if the belt breaks, so check for a broken belt.

16 hours ago, DADoESTX said:

There's also a belt-break switch that won't let the motor run if the belt breaks, so check for a broken belt.

I learned something today.  I quickly looked at the parts list on Sears and didn't see it but learning there is such a thing is valuable.  Thanks!