Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

WP front load issue

wayne76

I have a Whirlpool Duet front load washer. Recently, I was washing a normal load and once it got to the 1st drain part of the cycle (just after wash/agitation) the cycle stopped, and started beeping (3 quick beeps, pause then 3 quit beeps). This 3 beeps, pause, 3 beeps sequence continued until I pressed the power button. I tried to change settings and different cycles, but it always stopped and beeped anytime it got to a spot where it needed to drain, including the spin cycle which drains as it spins.  I read and found that I could pull it into diagnostic mode by pressing and 3 buttons in a 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 sequence.  I did that and got a code of 11.  And honestly,  that really didn't tell me much because the booklet I had with the washer didn't have a 11 code.. My washer doesn't have a screen so I had to watch the flashing wash light.. It flashed once, 2 second pause, flashed once, then a 5 second pause. From what I read that makes the code "11".  It seems like some WP washers have that as a drain issue code, so since that appears to be my issue, I ordered a new drain pump and changed it. 

Once I changed the pump, and started a small load cycle, it started to drain for maybe 2 to 3 seconds, then kicked off and did the same thing as before. The error code remained the same and all efforts to try different settings had the same results..

A few other trouble shooting items I tried:

I removed the hot and cold supply lines, washed them out and cleaned the filters(they weren't bad)

I removed the drain hose, cleaned it out and used a shop vacuum to suck water out of the washer via the drain hose. I was able to completely empty all the water this way and didn't get much debris. I also used the blow side of the shop vacuum to blow air into the drain hose. 

I removed the hose that connects the drain hose to the washer drum and cleaned it out. There was a bit of gunk, but nothing that would have obstructed the flow of water..

I cleaned the debris filter in the drain pump before I replaced the pump and it was gross, but didn't have any obstructions.

Any suggestions?? This washer is $1000 to replace and even worse, it is in a massively annoying location for removing the old and installing a new washer, so my goal is repair..

Thank you all in advance!! I will happily share any knowledge I have!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wayne76

• vee8power

• ServiceTech_Daniel

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you post the model number , or take a picture of the model number sticker and upload it to this thread? In order to look at the service manual/tech sheet , i will need to know what the model number is to read the diagnostic codes and look at the wiring schematic 

Daniel

OK, I will do it once I get home this evening. Is there an easy place to find the model number?? It is very difficult to get out of the place it is in to look at the back of the washer, but I am sure I can manage if it is necessary. But, if there is somewhere on the top or front, that would be great 😁

17 minutes ago, wayne76 said:

Is there an easy place to find the model number?? It is very difficult to get out of the place it is in to look at the back of the washer

No need to look in the back; on a duet the model and serial numbers are just inside the door on the front near the opening. Even knowing that, look hard; it's small.