Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 03 August 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, August 3 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

amana dryer ned4655ew0, will not start

Jeremy I

I have a amana dryer ned4655ew0. It all of a sudden would not start. I don't hear it buzzing or doing anything.  I have checked and there is power coming into dryer, I have checked continuity on the thermal fuse, start button, door latch, and the timer, they have continuity and seem to still be working.  I's my next step, to check the belt switch and/or motor switch.   Please help.   thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeremy I

• Captain Dunsel

• Nathaniel Peterson

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jeremy I said:

I have a amana dryer ned4655ew0. It all of a sudden would not start. I don't hear it buzzing or doing anything.  I have checked and there is power coming into dryer, I have checked continuity on the thermal fuse, start button, door latch, and the timer, they have continuity and seem to still be working.  I's my next step, to check the belt switch and/or motor switch.   Please help.   thanks

Check the high temp cutout. On gas it's on the burner tube furthest towards the back, on electric it's the very top one on the heater housing. When you checked the thermal fuse did you check for 120 volts to ground on each side or did you unplug power pull off one of the leads and test continuity that way. 

I unplugged the dryer, unhooked the two wires from  the thermal fuse and removed them removed the thermal fuse from then dryer, checked good for continuity. Then check continuity on the start button, also removed the wires from the back of the start button, then while holding leads to it, pushed the start button, it showed good coninuity. Same with timer, unplugged it, while having the leads hook to the back of the timer. I rotated the timer around and it showed good continuity

10 hours ago, Jeremy I said:

I unplugged the dryer, unhooked the two wires from  the thermal fuse and removed them removed the thermal fuse from then dryer, checked good for continuity. Then check continuity on the start button, also removed the wires from the back of the start button, then while holding leads to it, pushed the start button, it showed good coninuity. Same with timer, unplugged it, while having the leads hook to the back of the timer. I rotated the timer around and it showed good continuity

Check the high temperature cut outs for the heat. Different than the thermal fuse. 

20 hours ago, Jeremy I said:

I have a amana dryer ned4655ew0. It all of a sudden would not start.

Have you check for proper voltage at your terminal block? Behind the dryer?Part number: WP3397659

Edited by Captain Dunsel

20 hours ago, Jeremy I said:

I have checked and there is power coming into dryer,

Describe how you did this?

5 hours ago, Captain Dunsel said:

Describe how you did this?

By removing the plates off the back of the dryer.   While the dryer is plugged into outlet, used a multimeter and the