Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung Fridge Defrost (RF28HMELBSR/AA)

InoSiX

This is a battle I have had for years now. I stumbled into this website during my first attempt to resolve my issue but it seemed it was clearly targeting service folk. I'm back at attempting to deal with my issue some years later (last time was 2019). This website seems to be the only one that seems to have a service manual for my particular Samsung Fridge. Specifically I have: 

Samsung RF28HMELBSR/AA

I have had to de-ice my ice maker every few weeks. I purchased a counter top ice maker and simply disabled my fridge's. Suddenly all this time later the internal fridge fan has started making lots of noise. I cannot remove the back plate to gain access to the fan and I suspect it is frozen. In many many threads/forums/ect I see references to be able to access FF or FD functions (FORCE DEFROST). The steps vary but ultimately none of them remotely close to match my 8" touchscreen that has none of the physical buttons being pressed.

I am at my wits end. Is there a chance I could get some assistance? It would be great to purchase a service manual, but absent that, the ability to make use of the FORCED DEFROST mode on my Samsung Fridge.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dfphoto

• InoSiX

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if you unplug it for 2 days it would defrost it... you probably should check the drain hose in the back check the top duck bill for a clog... also it would take 3 hours ask me how I know but a bissell steamer will help.... no matter what you have you defrost it to get access to the evaporator just make it easier by letting it defrost... you will have water flowing from the melted ice.