Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE Model: JGB281DER4WW Part # WB28K10782 snapped surface burner orifice holder

EliasX
Go to solution Solved by EliasX,

Hello,

Long story short, I was trying to impress the wife by deep cleaning our gas stove and broke a pipe that runs from the stove knob to the surface burner.  I believe it's called an "orifice holder".   We have an older store and I have not been able to locate the part anywhere.  This part is discontinued and out of stock at all the parts supply sites I looked at.

I know nothing about stoves, my question is, is it possible to make a custom pipe to replace the broken one?  I would hate to have to buy a new stove because I can't find a $25 part.

-Thank you in advance,

-Elias

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EliasX

• Budget Appliance Repair

Top Posters In This Topic

My bet is that you tried to raise the top without removing the three torq head screws around each of the burners - this will crimp and break the aluminum gas lines to the burners, (usually the front because they are short and don't have the flex that the rear burners have).

Sears shows the WB28K10782 in stock but they are really famous for saying parts are in stock and if you call them they will say the same thing the website say, "Ya, we have it in stock".   You will order then two weeks later you might get a notice it's no longer available or maybe even longer if you don't follow up on it.

As far as a custom line, NO - the orifice holder end is special.  The only chance to fix the original one is if it's not broken/bent to badly and cut it with a tubing cutter as close to both sides of the crimp/break as you can and install a brass compression tubing connector fitting.

Here's a picture of what yours looks like:
https://reliableparts.net/images/photos/wm/2a8d590c-6310-4f03-bd30-a4a6dd9dbd03.jpg

Here's one I found on Ebay when looking for yours - it looks pretty close and you should be able to remove the orifice and replace with the orifice from yours, (sometimes that might be the only difference - the drill size of the orifice).

New Genuine OEM GE Oven Range Surface Burner Tube and Orifice WB28K10190 on Ebay for $21 to $25

New Genuine OEM GE Oven Range Surface Burner Tube and Orifice WB28K10190 - Picture 1 of 2

or this one - there's a used one on Ebay for $5 + $10 shipping.  Part# WB28K10736

https://reliableparts.net/images/photos/wm/72a4f055-dd93-4c37-8f72-a2c9800282d5.jpg

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair

• Solution

Thank you for the quick reply! I will check EBAY for a replacement.