Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Dryer 110.75962401—Replace Door Switch?

MarkH
Go to solution Solved by Budget Appliance Repair,

When I opened the dryer to add a load of laundry, the light didn't come on. Same thing happened a couple of months back and the bulb was loose. Checked the bulb again today but filament looks okay. Then I noticed that the switch flapper had no resistance when pressed. Went on to dry the load and discovered that the dryer didn't stop when the door was opened during the intermittent beep air dry cycle. Just seeking confirmation that this is a door switch issue or what else might need to be checked. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Solution

Yes, you need to replace the door switch

• Like 1

Okay, I have my replacement switch, WP3406107. Most of the videos I've watched show the lint screen in the top of the dryer but mine sits in the bottom of the door well instead. I have tried a putty knife along the front edge of the top but it hasn't freed up. Then I found a video where the end caps on the console were removed to reveal screws that needed to be removed or else the console simply pried up to reveal screws that needed to be removed before the top could be slid forward and off to reveal the door switch for replacement. After studying the parts list images, I've tried prying the console up with considerable force and the clips have not released. It feels like I am going to snap the plastic "end caps" (which are nestled under the main console housing). I am attaching photos. Are there screws on the back that need to be released first? Seriously, I thought I was looking at a quick 15 minute repair and now I find myself stumped. Please point me in the right direction. Greatly appreciated.

IMAG2052.jpg

IMAG2053.jpg

@MarkH need to slide a putty knife under the plastic end cap on each side of the console to push in and release clip REF#11 in the below diagram.  As you push in with the putty knife push some pressure back on the console for the clip to release - do one side then the other.  The console will fold back on the plastic hinges then you can access the 3 screws along the back of the top.  After those screws are removed the complete top panel will slide slightly forward and lift off.

image.thumb.png.6f9b22a9afc5b1f4af10f6cf7f38a107.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vee8power said:

model#?

Model number is in the title

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Willie, you gave me the confidence to proceed, which I did on Monday, but my ISP's authentication server went down and I lost internet access to get back here to report in sooner.

My first putty knife flexed too much and couldn't free up the clips. It was also getting covered in a gummy putty-like substance. I used a plastic putty knife to push the gum back from the front edge of the console along it's length and then used a more rigid putty knife and considerable force to pry up the end caps and console. Both clips pulled out of the plastic end caps rather than out of the top: IMAG2061.thumb.jpg.2dccfaadc27772c29d676326d0396d88.jpg

My guess is that gummy haze in the photo is indicative that the console had never been lifted before. After considerable cleanup and swapping out the door switch, when I put it back together discovered I hadn't re-placed the wiring diagram I found tucked inside back where it had been. Upon opening up a second time, one of the clips fell down into the cabinet. Wasn't able to track it down through the lower front panel because of accumulated lint. So, I went back in through the top and proceeded to do a more extensive lint cleanup and proceeded to install the Dryer Repair Kit I purchased in 2022. Hadn't installed it before because the lint cleanup I did at that time silenced the ringing sounds I was dealing with. The belt showed some minor fraying now, so I went ahead and replaced all the kit parts and finally found the missing console clip between the side wall and the blower housing. It took a while to do a thorough cleaning job but hopefully the new parts will be trouble-free for the foreseeable future.

Good job - and yes, sometimes those clips don't release correctly and fall down into the unit.

• Like 1