Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 25 May 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers.
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, May 25 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frankenstein Thermador and Bosch DW??

lbjgh

I'm thinking about embarking on a (maybe crazy) project, and I'd love to know if anyone else has attempted something similar.

I've been really happy with my Thermador dwhd651jpr/70 panelled dishwasher over the years, but lately, we've noticed some rust residue on our cutlery. Upon investigation, we found that all three racks are starting to rust on the underside.

When I priced up replacements, I was shocked to find out it would cost nearly $800 for all three. The price seems ridiculous for what is essentially glorified wire clothes hangers dipped in nylon. As an interim step I considered using my Dremel to grind off the rust and then applying some "re-rack" solution but I don't expect that will last.

Instead, I opted to purchase a "scratch and dent" Bosch SHXM63W55N stainless steel dishwasher. It didn't come with any mounting equipment, but I figured I could reuse the power and water supply from the Thermador. Initially, I thought about just swapping the racks from the new Bosch into the old Thermador dishwasher since that was the original issue. Unfortunately, I discovered that the tub and racks in the newer Bosch are about 1" longer and the Thermador door would not close with the new racks. 🙄

Since I prefer the panelled look in my kitchen, I started thinking about transferring the control panel and outer panelled door from the Thermador to the Bosch. However, when I powered up the Bosch with the Thermador control panel I got nothing... no beeps, lights or anything. The Bosch unit has a red LED at the bottom of the door, while the Thermador projects the actual time.

So, here's my crazy idea: what if I completely stripped down both dishwashers and move all of the components from the Thermador over to the Bosch? I'd use the new Bosch tub, pump, motor, etc., but keep the Thermador electronics and panelled door.

Am I crazy like a fox?

IMG_1371.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lbjgh

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images