Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Looking for help on GE French Door Refrigerator GYE22HSKKSS

ZK686

ZK686

Newbie here, sorry if this is long: I was attempting to remove the "TempSelectZone" drawer to clean the back of my fridge (picture labeled 'tempselectzone'), and I pulled too hard on the connector unit coming out of the refrigerator on the right side (that connects to the drawer), making just the wires pop out without the housing (picture named 'before'). I didn't know how to put them back into the housing, so I just left them alone. But, I wanted to check if the fridge would still power on. So, my stupid a** plugged in the fridge, without doing anything to those wires, and two of those wires touched. As soon as that happened, the lights in my fridge blinked and the power went out. Now, when I plug the fridge in, there's no power at all, only a "triangle" symbol on the display (picture labeled 'triangle'). I had a company come out and "repair" the connector (picture labeled 'after'), and also add a new motherboard, since we were told that I most likely fried the board. However, the fridge still isn't turning on, and the triangle is still there. The company working on my fridge says that it's most likely that when I fried the motherboard, I also fried the control panel, because for my specific model, that wire coming out of the fridge also has a wire that runs to the control panel. So, my question is, does this sound likely? Did it most likely fry the motherboard AND the control panel, so, both need to be replaced in order for the fridge to turn on? Thanks guys!

triangle.jpg

before.jpg

after.jpg

tempselectzone.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dfphoto

• ZK686

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the company you hired is not very skilled. They don’t know how to troubleshoot or else they would figure out how much is damaged. There is a good chance you fried a lot of parts but I haven’t viewed the schematic yet. The real issue is the company should be the one telling you what is wrong