Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 25 May 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers.
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, May 25 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Mgdx700xw1 gas won’t shut off on high

rbach88
Go to solution Solved by Budget Appliance Repair,

rbach88

Hi I have a MGDX700xw1 gas dryer it isn’t completely drying the clothes. I’ve tried changing the coils on the gas valve WPW10328463. If I put the dryer on high heat setting and watch the gas valve with just the lower panel off the dryer never hits temperature and cycles off. Never gets above 155 and just keeps burning gas.  I’m quite confused the gas valve to the dryer is all the way open and the water heater is working fine. Any advice is appreciated. 

Posted (edited)

Check your cycling thermostat and see if it's off scale. Usually they'll open at higher and higher temps until the thermal fuse goes but yours won't go above 155. What thermometer are you using to measure your output heat? Where are you measuring it at?

Edited by MrApplianceMatt

rbach88

Hi thanks for the response. I’m using a digital thermometer from the hardware store. I’m measuring from right behind the dryer but it takes about 10 minutes to get up to 155 empty with no clothes in it. It won’t dry clothes even with the vent off unless it runs for 2 hrs and it never cycles the gas off.

• Solution

Is this a new dryer to you, that you just installed.

If so, maybe it's setup for LP gas and you are running it on Natural gas.

Another possibility is the gas valve orifice is slightly plugged so the burner isn't putting out high enough btu heating.   It should only take about 3 to 4 minutes tops, with an empty drum, to get to the 155 cycling temp area.

• Like 1

rbach88

That was it working great now the orifice on the gas valve was plugged with I think lint ! Thanks for the help