Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 03 August 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, August 3 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Model 417.61712510 Kenmore washer/dryer combo won't start?

redline808

redline808

I have a Kenmore washer dryer combo that was in storage for a while. worked when stored. dryer works fine. the washer will not start in any position. I can get it to fill with water in the rinse spin mode but it will not drain, it just fills up with water and stops. If I play around enough with the different modes, I can get it to drain but once its empty, the pump just surges and keeps trying to drain an empty tub. any ideas? thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redline808

• dfphoto

• vee8power

redline808

Lid switch seems to be working fine

Have you put it in service mode? Are there any error codes?

On 6/6/2024 at 3:46 AM, redline808 said:

Lid switch seems to be working fine

How do you know this?

redline808

Because I can get the washer to do some functions. I took the front panel off and watch it actuate when the wash is started. 

I would check the wires in the back of the tub, had a similar unit with frayed wires.

redline808
17 hours ago, dfphoto said:

I would check the wires in the back of the tub, had a similar unit with frayed wires.

Okay, I will. TY