Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

New Samsung 10,500 btu window a/c AW10ECB7 - needs help

stopmeister72

stopmeister72

Just got this new a/c which is about twice the capacity of what I had - just like to sleep with it cold even though I have central heat and air.  Anyway, the old Kenmore (about 2 years old; was digital and went down to 60 degrees :D) - just iced up some, so thought I would get a bigger one.  The Samsung only goes down to 64 degrees on the temp :( but really doesn't cool down to that temp :headbang:- it can - just won't - the thermostat cuts it off - it is digital as well.  Another thing, it cycles way too often.  Anyone know how to go in and calibrate or adjust something to make it get colder?  Otherwise I might just go get a line voltage Honeywell refrigeration thermostat with an adjustable differential and rewire the whole thing and then we will see how cold it will get!!!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one way to defeat the thermometer is to locate the probe and wrap it in something warm like one of them winter gloves and then that mutha will go and go and go

Just an idea...I aint tryed it....you are like me you want snow on the ceiling! most room acs will shut down at 65 degrees...you might need to watch that thang and not let it get too cold. these new electronic fangled made in china cheapies are fickle.any tampering will give jonny wang a reason not to speak english...LOL

post-4554-129045096637_thumb.jpg

stopmeister72

Know what you mean! I have taken the probe off from near the coil and wrapped it in some pipe insulation and tired to move it close to the window where it is a little warmer.  Not too much luck with that.  These new probes look like they are 2 wires connected to a little black plastic bulb, instead of being the long thin metal ones.  Wondering if I can cut them, make the wires longer and tape the thing to the window, then it ought to get quite chilly!!!!

cutting them would no be a bueno idea amigo

the whole thing may think its cold enough and shut down

I do not advise cutting wires......now dipping it into hot coffee...naw

hay dont let me give ya no idears!

how about rerouting the sensor back into thecontrol panel away from the coils

the smiling kitty is named samurai and the kitty in back is named peggi

• 2 weeks later...

Archived