Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Lennox 13ACD-036 Humming, Fan Not Spinning

DataDock

I've got a 6 Year old Lennox A/C Unit (Warranty is 5 Years, of course)... So the fan blades are not spinning, but it is humming. Here is the video of the unit http://youtu.be/T_p7c9PJVto

After searching online, I push started the fan with a metal ruler, the fan began to spin on it's own, and it was suggested if this was the case, the motor assembly capacitor needs to be replaced. Is that correct?

So ten minutes later, the fan stopped spinning, and instead of cool air blowing inside the house, it was just air blowing. (Thermostat set to 74/House temp 89).

Does the fan just normally shut off after 10-15 minutes for a while during general use?

I tried to push start again, but it wouldn't work and I waited 45 minutes, to try again, and I was successful.

I'm open to do this myself, but how can i find instructions, and the correct parts needed for this.

System Label: http://i.imgur.com/6fZDK.jpg

I appreciate your insight, thanks in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DataDock

• RegUS_PatOff

• jumptrout

Top Posters In This Topic

if the Compressor is running, the Fan should be running ...

The Dual AC Run Capacitor is 55+7.5 @ 440v

The section of the Capacitor for the Fan Motor is 7.5 @ 440v.

You could try a separate Capacitor for the Fan Motor, (cheaper than the dual)

OR the Fan Motor is bad

Thanks for the help

So opened up the panel and took a picture of the capacitor.

So the plan was to get one at lowes or home depot, but neither stock this part. So I'm going to try some HVAC supply stores tommorow, to see if I can find a replacement, if not I guess I will try online.

SGjK2l.jpg

I'll update when I get it replaced.

is that the original Capacitor ?

Different sources list different Capacitors

Fan Motor rating plate should mention what size Capacitor it needs.

is that the original Capacitor ?

Different sources list different Capacitors

Fan Motor rating plate should mention what size Capacitor it needs.

That was the label from the original capacitor still in the unit.

Here is a picture of the top of it, perhaps the rust was the cause of the failure.

ltaOyl.jpg

Went to a local Grainger store and replaced it with this

MBWkel.jpg?1

Been testing it out for a few hours now, and all seems to be working!

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

If it was a bad motor it would have quit in a few minutes.