Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
barley

insinkerator instant hot water dispenser leaking #SST-FLTR

4 posts in this topic

howdy, our insinkerator instant hot water dispenser is leaking. Is it generally worth trying to repair something like this or should I just replace it? I don't have the user manual for it so wouldn't know where to start. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Where is the leak?

The tank?

The tubing?

The tap?

If it is leaking for the bottom with no visible location and not it's the tubing and it is a older model ...Replace it.........................The older tanks were made of a plastic type materiel, about a 1/3 gallon cap. The new tanks are made of Stainless steel... with a 1/2 gallon cap...........................When I go to a service call for a leaking Insta-hot, 98% it is the tank................. Replacements go for about $300 clams, most people say forget it , I will just heat in the micro-wave..............So, for the hole in the sink/counter, I suggest to install an under-counter soap dispenser...They fit the same size hole, about 1 1/2 in. dia....