Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 25 May 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers.
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, May 25 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag model #: MFI2269VEB2 refrigerator, control panel stopped working, as did all cooling.

heiglg

It is possible and unfortunately happens sometimes. But it’s of course rare. I guess my suggestion is if you order from somewhere that accepts returns for free, I would try the HV board one more time. This is the problem with all the electronically controlled appliances today

25 minutes ago, Rockie said:

Is there a method to reset the display panel? Can it be the display panel? Thanks for your help?

No such thing as a reset, unless you want to cycle power to the entire refrigerator, but I doubt that will change anything. And sure it is possible the display board/user interface is at fault, I’ve just never seen that be the case with these symptoms

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow up on the HV Board problem. I installed an HV board from Amazon and had the same symptoms on the fridge. With no operation on the digital board. Sent the board back got a new board and installed the code and all is good. Wanted to thank EtanRanft for believing it was the HV Board. The initial board that was sent was damaged. Thanks

No problem. I actually had the same exact problem. First new board had the same exact symptoms. Must of been an old core that got returned to inventory 

• 1 year later...

Hello all. Having exact same issue but my ice door does NOT cycle when I press freezer up arrow, so what does that indicate? Also my model # is veb1, not veb2(I'm assuming that is just version #?). And I've tried to enter programming mode with no luck. And of course this happened right after wife did big bi-weekly shopping!! So any help is greatly appreciated

On 12/4/2020 at 10:58 PM, DennisC said:

Hello all. Having exact same issue but my ice door does NOT cycle when I press freezer up arrow, so what does that indicate? Also my model # is veb1, not veb2(I'm assuming that is just version #?). And I've tried to enter programming mode with no luck. And of course this happened right after wife did big bi-weekly shopping!! So any help is greatly appreciated

Did you replace the HV board yet? Programming mode won’t work if the old board is bad. Most likely issue (if your symptoms match what everyone else has been having) is the main control on the back of the refrigerator. Once you replace it you’ll have to enter programming mode and input the code on the refrigerator model tag. That should take care of it

• 1 month later...

Hi, I think this might be a very old thread, but I’m hopeful someone can help. I have a Maytag fridge (MFI2269VEW1) purchased June 2010. Over several weeks, it started acting up, display not consistently working, fan cycling up but stopping after a few seconds, again and again, until finally, less than a week ago, everything stopped except the indoor lights. No cooling whatsoever. I ordered a replacement control board and installed it on Thursday, reprogrammed it effectively, and was thrilled to see our problem was solved! Alas, I celebrated too early. On Saturday, the display board went back to its old blinking ways. No water, but the ice door opens when you press the freezer up button. It is sporadic—sometimes it works great—but then it goes back to not working. The fan is doing well, and the cooling is consistent. My questions are: is there a connector problem that is shorting out the control board I already replaced? Or is it possible the display board is also faulty? Or was it the display board all along, and could a bum display board also cause the fan and cooling to shut down? Thanks so much in advance! I don’t know how to check the voltage.