Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Sign in to follow this  
AllPhase

Miele G892 SCU Plus F06 Too few pulses at flow meter/start of water intake

AllPhase

I've got a Miele G892 SCU Plus, and I'm getting an F06 error code:  Too few pulses at flow meter/start of water intake

what pulses? does anyone have a service manual? All i'm finding online is it could be the flowmeter board or the WPS. 

Is Miele the only source for parts?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

northeastappliance

As the unit fills, water passes through the flow meter that has a little wheel in it. Magnets are attached to that wheel. Each time the magnet passes the flow meter board it creates the "pulse". The computer is looking for a certain number of pulses per fill cycle ( I can't tell you how many because I don't know). So some things to look at are:

-the waterproof system. Is it allowing water into the dishwater or is it humming and not letting water in?

-where the wps attaches to the water supply, there is a small screen. Make sure that is not clogged/restricted. 

-if it is filling with water, what is the water level in relation to the handle on the triple filter when the unit faults out?

-also take a look at the flow meter/ flow meter board(both are located in the water diverter on the side). I've seen the board move back a little bit so it was not reading correctly. 

-lastly check connections and wiring. 

This should get you off to a good start. Check all the above and let us know what you fine.