Clicky

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Rjkd12

Frigidaire Dehumidifier FFAD7033R10 F0 Error Code Troubleshooting

Farnk

Go for it!  I do not recall them even asking for when I purchased it.  They asked serial number and problem!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

OliverWhite

How did you explain your problem to get Electrolux to agree to replacing? Do you think that I can just say that fan and compressor run, but no water is collected? 

Farnk

As Wombat said, the F0 must be the kiss of death. I told them I was getting an F0, had an electrician test the line voltage and they said hold on a moment.  Came back saying the unit would be replaced. Wala!

Pi Pan
On 8/25/2016 at 1:49 PM, Helen804 said:

Hi RJ,

The sensor did look clean but I used a little steel wool on it and made it shiny. I used a tiny piece of rolled emery cloth for the inside of the sensor mount. It's been working fine for 24 hours. I decided to pull the sensor out and run it unattached to see if the problem would come back. An hour later there was a F0 code! I reattached it and it is working again. So I'm sure that was the problem. So give your sensor another try. I don't think alcohol is a good cleaner for copper. You really have to use something stronger. Brillo work, too.  

Helen804,  Thanks for your advice and information. My $300 Frigidaire dehumidifier was two steps from the landfill and then I followed your instructions for repair. It's been collecting water and running smoothly since late May. The final fix was twist tying the thermal sensor to the lowest coil. Thanks. 

Pi Pan

Helen804,  Thanks for your advice and information. My $300 Frigidaire dehumidifier was two steps from the landfill and then I followed your instructions for repair. It's been collecting water and running smoothly since late May. The final fix was twist tying the thermal sensor to the lowest coil. Thanks. 

fvm

ftr, Helen is correct. I opened the back found the black cord with the copper end, rubbed with alcohol and replaced. Working fine now.

thanks Helen!