Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Frigidaire Dishwasher Model FDB1050REQ2

Joney

runs through cycle until inmiddle of  end of cycle

both during a regular cycle and a test cycle 

dishes are clean but very wet

the heater works (heats up water and at end of cycle turns on for a little)

thanks for reply

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joney

• johntech

• Budget Appliance Repair

• certified tech group 51

sorry i forgot to mention how it fails 

the way it fails is it just shuts down and the clean light turns on and if you open and close the dishwasher it doesn't clear 

also if you press any buttons there is no response (as if control board just locks up)

but if you reset braker it will do cycle with same issues

2 minutes ago, certified tech group 51 said:

Cannot decipher what the problem is...Not finishing a cycle???.......

yes it doesn't finish cycle but the clean light goes on as if it is done ...

and it is locked up

2 minutes ago, certified tech group 51 said:

Cannot decipher what the problem is...Not finishing a cycle???.......

yes it doesn't finish cycle but the clean light goes on as if it is done ...

and it is locked up

appliances R en
16 hours ago, mordy said:

sorry i forgot to mention how it fails 

the way it fails is it just shuts down and the clean light turns on and if you open and close the dishwasher it doesn't clear 

also if you press any buttons there is no response (as if control board just locks up)

but if you reset braker it will do cycle with same issues

Did the dishes dry at the end of cycle

2 minutes ago, appliances R en said:

Did the dishes dry at the end of cycle

Thanks for your reply  no the the dishes didn't dry at end of cycle

How long does it run before it shuts off? Are you using rinse aid? Is heated dry turned on? For the best drying results on that dishwasher you should use rinse aid.

Per owners manual plastics will most likely need to be towel dried but glass and metal should dry and rinse aid must be used. Your dishwasher has a vent on the left side of the door that should open during the drying part of the cycle. 

23 minutes ago, johntech said:

How long does it run before it shuts off? Are you using rinse aid? Is heated dry turned on? For the best drying results on that dishwasher you should use rinse aid.

Heated dry is on I think they are using rinse aid ...

17 minutes ago, johntech said:

Per owners manual plastics will most likely need to be towel dried but glass and metal should dry and rinse aid must be used. Your dishwasher has a vent on the left side of the door that should open during the drying part of the cycle. 

Ok but

As I said earlier the issue is also that the control board locks out (with clean light on) and the only way to make new cycle is to reset beaker (opening and closing the door doesn't help) 

Thanks again for your time

Definitely need to replace the control for the not resetting when the door is opened after the cycle is done.

I've ran into two of these models with that exact same problem.   I did some preliminary quick checks on diodes on the board, (not with one of the diode leads removed so that is why I'm not completely sure), it appears one of the diodes that is to block voltage for the constant power to board from feeding to the door open circuit is shorted so when the door is opened it doesn't loose the 120 Vac door circuit because the main power feed for the board flows thru the shorted diode and keeps the door sense circuit powered even with door open.

6 hours ago, Budget Appliance Repair said:

Definitely need to replace the control for the not resetting when the door is opened after the cycle is done.

I've ran into two of these models with that exact same problem.   I did some preliminary quick checks on diodes on the board, (not with one of the diode leads removed so that is why I'm not completely sure), it appears one of the diodes that is to block voltage for the constant power to board from feeding to the door open circuit is shorted so when the door is opened it doesn't loose the 120 Vac door circuit because the main power feed for the board flows thru the shorted diode and keeps the door sense circuit powered even with door open.

Thanks for your help