Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Ge refrigerator not cooling

remunguia1

Hello all, I have a hot point refrigerator model number hsm25gftasa and it is not cooling. Nothing on at all only lights when I open door. I looked at the back and found mother board. Anyone know where I should check voltage at? I checked 3 prong connector on bottom and gave me 120v. I need to know where to check refrigeration side. Service manual? Schematic? Please let me know thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• remunguia1

• Hiroshi

• Chat_in_FL

• johntech

Top Posters In This Topic

Flip that control board over and look for a burnt spot... Very common on that control board... If that checks out, set it to cool and meter for voltage to the compressor- 120VAC between the terminal marked COMP (which is J8) and the J7-9 pin on the white connector adjacent to the COMP, LINE, and DEFR terminals.

Ok, yeah has a burn smell and mark towards top of board on green resistor on board. No power showing on j8 and j7-9. Only power coming in on 3 prong connector next to white one.

Did you disconnect the control board, remove it from the recess, and look at the solder-side of it?

The burned spot I mentioned will be on the back side of the board, you have to remove the board and look at the solder side...

Burned resistors on the board are an indication that the board may have been taken out by a bad fan. Looks like that one has a shaded pole condensor fan by the compressor that you can test by applying 120v to terminals. The evaporator fan is a brushless dc fan that you can test with a 9v battery. You should be able to google test fan with 9v battery and find a video. If a fan took out the board you will want to find and replace it before installing a new board. 

Oh and the fuse on the board is still good! I tested it. I wonder why it didn't blow to help save the board?

the circuit board will always fail in time to save the fuse, it's a rule of thumb...