Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

WTW5600XW0 - F0 E5

xman1x

I have a  WTW5600XW0 washer that's getting an F0 E5 code when I run it through diagnostic mode. According to the service manual, it says (along with evenly distributing the clothes) to check for weak suspension by pushing down on the tub and that it should go down and back up no more than once. It does that (bounces only once), so I am not sure how else to check the tension. Should I just replace the 4 rods and take a look again? I didn't want to unnecessarily install them if there's something else I could order instead or at the same time. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xman1x

• AlboGator

• vee8power

• lvasquez11

Check bolt on drive pulley to make it's not loose. Check lower wire harness for any broken wires- tug at them near zip tie

points.

The bounce test don't always work on these. You have to develop a feel for it really. Go by home depot and feel some of the new ones and compare it to the one you're looking at. Also a good indicator is the tub distance from the top of the washer. That's been a give away for me a few times. 

Clear the code and see if it comes back. What were the symptoms that made you run diagnostic?

12 hours ago, lvasquez11 said:

Check bolt on drive pulley to make it's not loose. Check lower wire harness for any broken wires- tug at them near zip tie

points.

I second this advice. Get your eyes on the bottom of unit.