Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

kitchenaid microwave kbms1454sss-0 does not run

soccermom

Hoping someone can help me.  I thought I had posted this correctly but did not see it so I am posting this again.

My display on my microwave was not working but everything else was working perfectly.  So I felt it was a bad display and I ordered and installed part WPW10124269.  I got the part and installed it.  I reassembled the microwave and decide to see if I was successful.  Yes, the display works and keeps time but the light in the microwave does not work nor does it turn on/heat.  I then followed the directions in tech sheet exactly.

1.press ad hold CANCEL/OFF button while opening the door.  While still holding the  CANCEL/OFF button unplug the microwave wait 2 seconds and plug it back in

2.  release the CANCEL/OFF BUTTON and close the door.

3 after pressing each button on the control panel "8" will appear in the display to indicate that the circuits are complete and all relays are working.

When I finished step 1 the light came on and the microwave made a small humming sound.(I did the test again to ensure I did it correctly and no light came on and no humming noise)  When I closed the door (the light went out and i think the small humming sound stopped) the microwave screen read "88:88" along with arrows/triangles all along the edges pointing to cook time,cook power, food type etc.  As I pushed each button they each made the standard beep sound but nothing changed in the display.

So I have a microwave with a working clock but nothing else.  Hoping someone can help

Thank you

Chris

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soccermom

• Hiroshi

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after reading many posts I began to wonder if it had something to do with the door latch.  Upon closer inspection I noticed that I had removed the screws near the left top corner closest to the door latch.  When I realized that I did not need to remove those screws I put the screws back in. HOWEVER I replaced the flat head screw with pan head screws.:wacko:  So I changed out the screws to the correct screws and VIOLA the microwave works.  Obviously when I in error used the wrong screws it caused the door not to shut completely therefore the microwave could not turn on for safety reasons!

Thank you for everyone who read the post but let this be a lesson mark what screws go where so something as simple as this does not derail your repair project and drive you crazy!!:D

Thank You

I wish I could make fun of this and say, "That's why you need to call the pros," but I have done that to myself more times than I care to admit!

Nice work figuring it out.

Edited by Hiroshi