Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Kenmore frig intermittent cooling

viewsonic17ps

viewsonic17ps

I have a 5 yrs old Kenmore French door refrigerator 795.71093111 which start with a compressor failure. After new compressor replaced, it works for 3 months then it starts to cool down intermittently. It works for few days and stop few days. Sears technician said it it evaporator leak but not guaranteed that should fix the problem. A technician from other shop charged ~$400 to put in RX acid and said it is clogged because there is 10-15 psi on blue gauge and ~200 psi at red. After a day, it failed again. The 2nd tech wants another ~$200 to attempt another fix. I denied and asked for refund. So, just want to get some professional opinions for what area can be checked DIY before I talk to the 3rd tech.  I am not sure the Sear tech replace the drier filter or not. If not, can it cause something intermittently clogged?

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiroshi

• 16345Ed

• viewsonic17ps

Top Posters In This Topic

Others may disagree, but with as much trouble as you've had with the sealed system, it may be time for a new refrigerator. 

There is no job so simple it cannot be done wrong- and replacing the compressor is not a simple job... 

An evaporator leak will result in warmer than ideal temps as you lose refrigerant, but it will be steadily declining- not working one day, zero cooling the next, unless it is a hi-side leak, in which case it will stop cooling entirely- it will not be intermittent.

SEARS is totally awesome? :bangin:

Edited by Hiroshi