Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 25 May 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers.
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, May 25 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Can I stack a Maytag YMED7100 Dryer on a MHW8100 washer?

Dave-MM

Hello, not sure where to post this. We have a Maytag YMED7100 electrical dryer purchased 2015. We have a top loading washer, but want to stack the 7100 to save space in a newly renovated laundry room. We  want to purchase the MHW8200FC. The width is the same (27") and the depth seems to be almost the same (31" for the dryer vs. 32 15/16" for the washer), and both are listed as requiring the same stacking kit (W10298318).

It seems to me that the same kit could be used to stack different pairs in differently located mounting brackets (and therefore the 7100 and 8200 might not fit). When I contact Maytag, I get different answers depending on who I speak to. They either say they can only recommend stacking the matching pair, or they say well if it's the same dimensions, then it *should* work. But it should also be possible for someone at Maytag to consult the two schematics to check. Can't get anyone to do that though.

FWIW - we want to purchase the MHW8200FC because it seems to be a better and newer product than the 7100 washer, and we are able to purchase it for $400 less.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thank you, Dave

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave-MM

• Hiroshi

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, in the topic title I said it was the 8100, but that one is not available, so it is the 8200 we want to purchase.

Thanks for your reply Hiroshi. I know that both the YMED7100 and the MHW8200FC use the same stacking kit (the one you suggest). But I don't know if the mounting brackets are in the same locations for both so that I can stack them together. Do you know?

One machine will accept the metal tabs into a slot, the other will have the holes to screw into- put the tabs into the slots and drill new holes if they do not line up, as long as you don't drill through the wiring harness it will be good to go.

If the machine you want is in a local show-room take a measuring tape in there and check the distances against your old machine...!