Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

LG Front Load Washer Spin Cycle Very Loud

BlakeL

Our washer has started getting real loud during the spin cycle.  It does not seem to be too unstable or bouncing around so possibly one of the bearings.  Below is a video of what it sounds like.  Any ideas of what's wrong with it so I know what to look for when opening it up?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lzAdwke8ZfSLRfT_xW3e_OHTZGQ4wPqmaQ/view?usp=sharing

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlakeL

• john63

• Sean Hufstedler

• 16345Ed

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Hufstedler

Sounds like a bearing to me. Look for water or rust stains running down into or onto the stator on the back of the tub. If there is you definitely have a bad bearing. 

3 hours ago, BlakeL said:

Our washer has started getting real loud during the spin cycle.  It does not seem to be too unstable or bouncing around so possibly one of the bearings.  Below is a video of what it sounds like.  Any ideas of what's wrong with it so I know what to look for when opening it up?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lzAdwke8ZfSLRfT_xW3e_OHTZGQ4wPqmaQ/view?usp=sharing

Please always include model number. 

Probably bearings but worth checking nut on back of motor for tightness. 

I was able to get everything apart and it was the bearing behind the seal that was all rusted out.  I ordered both bearings and that seal but I also found a few other issues.  The main one is rust that seems to be caused by bleach leaking out of the dispenser.  I noticed a gasket that is on the back of the front control panel that is mostly gone. I did not find any place online selling this gasket.  Should I just put some silicone in there when I reassemble?

Model Number is WM1815CS

Gasket material not available (must buy Control Panel).

Yes---silicone is a good substitute.

Bleach is highly corrosive---any contact with metal will rust unless wiped immediately.

Most rusted front cover/panels---are the result of bleach splatter when attempting to fill dispenser.

9 minutes ago, john63 said:

Gasket material not available (must buy Control Panel).

Yes---silicone is a good substitute.

Bleach is highly corrosive---any contact with metal will rust unless wiped immediately.

Most rusted front cover/panels---are the result of bleach splatter when attempting to fill dispenser.

Thanks, I'll go ahead and use some silicone.