Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Kenmore Dryer 11096292100

hopkins92

It's been a long time since I was on this website.  I don't understand the membership stuff now.  I would put this in the Laundry Appliance Repair topic, but I don't seem to have access.

My problem now is with our 1992 Kenmore dryer 11096292100.  It has developed a vibration and I plan to take it apart.  I am ready to order drum rollers (2), idler pulley, and belt.  Is there anything else that might need routine replacement after 24 years?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hopkins92

• 16345Ed

• vee8power

• Hiroshi

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty good maintenance kit. That should make her purr again. 

Edited by 16345Ed
Wrong part number

Thanks for the tip, but I have the original parts list with exploded diagrams and it looks like my dryer only has one front roller and one rear roller.

Oh, yeah, I want to order parts from whichever source supports this website.  Is that AppliancePartsPros.com or RepairClinic.com or both?

15 minutes ago, 16345Ed said:

That's a pretty good maintenance kit. That should make her purr again. 

No problem, I have been pulling my hair out trying to find a kit for a dryer this old.  I think I am going to have to order "a la carte."

The parts look up is a bit wonky on that one. It is a 27 inch dryer with the lint screen behind the door; it has 4 rollers; just pop off the lower front cover and you'll see them.This is the maintenance kit:

Part number: AP3109602

Part number: AP3109602

On an old dryer, it is very helpful to it's existence if you oil the motor- you can do this by drilling an 1/8" hole in the side of the pot metal frame that holds the motor shaft, one on each end, and feed some zoom-spout oil into the hole... On older motors there is often still an "oil wick" in the viod around the shaft for you to soak, but this trick works on new motors too- if you use the zoom-spout tube to poke some lint into the hole first ( it acts as a fine wick).

DRILLING POINTS on DRYER MOTOR.docx