Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

jmm

Bosch Dishwasher SHE3AR52UC/07 wont drain

jmm

Working fine until yesterday - noticed its not draining completely. Checked drain hose for twists and clogs - nothing there. I need help with the next steps for diagnosing the problem - thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

16345Ed

Need to tear it down inside and check sump area. impeller  may be held up by a bone sliver or something. 

Good time to remove all spray arms and clean them up too. 

16345Ed

I assumed pump runs based on "it is draining just not completely."

Gnominator77

Don't forget to check the drain stem/disposer where the drain hose attaches under the sink for restrictions. 

abaesemann

Try draining into 5 gallon bucket to confirm if it is dishwasher or plumbing under sink/

jmm

Thanks guys - I disconnected the drain hose and put it in a 5 gallon bucket - ran the pump cycle and a bunch of gunk came out - then it ran full force. Simple fix and it appears to be running fine. I'm going to pull all the filters out and clean them up - run a couple rinse cycles through before loading any dishes. Thanks again!

Jaz

Just needed to post a thank you!  I have a Bosch SHE68R55UC/69 and was experiencing the same problem.  I cleaned out the water sensor, the sump, removed the cover of the pump, cleaned around the impeller and then called Bosch customer service (very disappointing btw), they basically told me that I had done more then what a customer should do and to schedule  a service call.  I found this site and after an hour of scrolling through the posts looking for anything regarding a Bosch dishwasher, found this post.

Sure enough, I disconnected the hose at the disposal and found all kinds of built-up gunk.  Removed it and all is well again.

I just wish there was a way to search through the forum posts.

Thanks!