Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Bosch SMV50E70EP / 97 dishwasher doesn't start - flashing faucet icon

Sbiriguda

Hello everybody from Italy, this is my first post

When I open the Bosch SMV50E70EP / 97 dishwasher I set the program and start it, after some seconds the dishwasher stops. There is a faucet icon with a red flashing led on. The manual just says if the faucet red icon is FLASHING there is a technical problem, call the assistance. Otherwise if the red faucet icon is still (but this is not the case) the drain hose could be clogged or the or the water intake line could be not working. When I opened the dishwasher there was some still water in the filter. I tried to open and clean the filter, I checked that the water drain hose is not clogged but I didn't notice anything strange. Some weeks ago the plumber came and replaced some pipes under the kitchen sink where also the dishwasher is connected

What do you think, is there something I can do or I just call the technician?

Thank you

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Koi Guy

• Sbiriguda

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Koi Guy

No, I didn't. Indeed there is no garbage disposal

The plumber had to replace some pipes, and after he connected again the dishwasher drain hose to the new pipes

Yeah, something changed. Perhaps call the plumber back if under warranty and free. If he's gonna charge you than you may be better off calling a professional appliance repairman.