Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 28 September 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, September 28 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

dcs oven gas leak

benglade

i have a DC RGT-364GL-N stove.

The broiler went out, but in a weird way.

The broiler would come on but the flame was only partial on the broiler and would go out if the door was closed and stay lit if door was open.

Once this issue began there was the slight odor of gas even when everything was off, the odor was originating in the oven.

I change the igniter and the broiler now works correctly but the odor of gas was still present when stove is off.

I spoke with DCS (Fisher & Paykel) and purchased and installed a new gas valve.

Everything work but the gas leak is still present in the oven?????

Any guidance would be appreciated, i had a tech come who basically didn't want tot work on this appliance.

I have no problem paying a PRO but it would be nice to find someone who could diagnose and fix my issue.

for now i'm just closing the gas valve when not in use.

If you have replaced the gas valve then you must have a leak prior to the valve

spray some soapy water on all joints till you see bubbles and there’s ya leak 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, J5* said:

If you have replaced the gas valve then you must have a leak prior to the valve

spray some soapy water on all joints till you see bubbles and there’s ya leak 

Yes sounds like you have a possible leak prior to your gas valve. I would check that and thoroughly inspect the burner tube itself. You can also have a bad burner tube also . Check all the ports and look for any blown out areas or fatigued areas where the gas comes out at the igniter brkt.  You also need to make sure the igniter is positioned close enough to the burner for it to ignite properly when the gas is introduced into the burner tube. If the igniter is displaced and not close enough to the burner port holes at its normal position!    There will be a delay in ignition and that will cause excessive gas smells . 

Thanks for the tips, the actual leak was the body of the gas regulator (under the front kick panel in front of this unit), the gas valve was probably good but now I have new regulator and new gas valve and NO gas leak!

3 hours ago, benglade said:

Thanks for the tips, the actual leak was the body of the gas regulator (under the front kick panel in front of this unit), the gas valve was probably good but now I have new regulator and new gas valve and NO gas leak!

Thanks for reporting back. 

• Like 1