Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Sign in to follow this  
oldgeek

Whirlpool wdf530payw3 dishwasher runs and then not

oldgeek

Hello.

I usually run my dishwasher on the heavy duty cycle. I will turn it on and it runs fine until it gets to when the detergent door opens. It then just sits. Usually it will fill with water and then sit and not run. Sometimes it will not fill with water and then sit. I can hear a click once in a while. Now this doesn't always happen. About half the time it will go ahead and run as normal. When it acts up, I will cancel the cycle and run it again. If it acts up again, I will try running the normal cycle and it will run. (Not sure if that is just a coincidence?) I've tried turning the power off to the washer for 10-15 minutes and then run it and then it runs fine (coincidence again?). When it acts up, all the lights on the panel are normal, there isn't any blinking. 

I see that I can still get a control board for it yet. Think that's the problem?

Thank you.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!