Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Refrigerator Model 795.1052.014 Serial 309TR0W861

bowhunter

Who makes this fridge for Sears? Is it a Samsung by any chance? Same problem as I’ve  been seeing which is, all things running including compressor but the condenser is at ambient temperature, inside is warm in both freezer and fresh food compartments. Duel evaporators. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bowhunter

• coolhandluke

• Quick

• Ryan Thomas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don’t believe I have seen a duel evaporator system without a variable speed compressor but I could be wrong. Can you double check that model? It doesn’t seem to be on sears website. 

coolhandluke

It's an LG, just go to Sears Parts Direct and look at the part numbers all LG.

The folks are looking for another fridge. This is pathetic. I don’t repair sealed systems anymore. Hard earned money for many folks down the drain

coolhandluke

Sounds like sealed system to me, already had 16 this year.

TCA35271202

LG COMPRESSOR.jpg

Edited by coolhandluke

coolhandluke
2 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

The folks are looking for another fridge. This is pathetic. I don’t repair sealed systems anymore. Hard earned money for many folks down the drain

How old is the ref? some LG come with 7 to 10 year sealed system warranty.

We looked at their manual and the warranty is for 1 year. I have seen other warranties on Lg’s that give the 7 years on the evap., condenser, refrigerant, and 10 years on the compressor, but theirs does not state that. I took the model and serial and ran them on 411 and it would’t take.

The linear compressors have equal ohm values across the pins don’t they?

coolhandluke

YES 

Here is LG sales pitch on their compressors, what a joke.

Yikes, that’s a busy compressor. Give me the old style a little bit noisier one any day over this garbage.

1 hour ago, coolhandluke said:

Sounds like sealed system to me, already had 16 this year.

TCA35271202

LG COMPRESSOR.jpg

Is this compressor a linear one? It looks like the one I checked last week. Had start, run and common pins that you test the old fashioned way by taking the three ohm readings.

coolhandluke

Checked and see only one evap coil with start relay and run capacitor / not linear - see image, compressor pictured is the one for your ref. - here's link to Sears Parts Direct

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/79571052014/0583/0161000.html?searchType=modelSearch&q=795.1052.014&searchTerm=795.1052.014

795.1052.014.png

So what are the chances that there is a leak or the compressor is shot. The compressor was running and was cool to the touch

By the way, good eye on the picture you posted. That shroud in the fresh food compartment houses only a fan. These people paid $3000.00 for that fridge. This is so wrong

If the compressor is a "Linear Compressor" it will say it right on the tag - blue oval in picture of above compressor says "Linear Compressor"

The reason you can't get a date info from the 411 site is because you have an incomplete model and serial number

Model# 795.1052?.014  (missing one of the digits in the middle section)
Serial# 309TROW861?? (missing two digits - in the last 5 digits of the serial number)

Serial# 309 = Manufacture date 09/2013

They said it was around 5 years old. Thank you for info.

13 hours ago, bowhunter said:

The linear compressors have equal ohm values across the pins don’t they?

Scanning this thread. The answer to your question is No. Only two pins to ohm on a linear. The third is dead nothing...

coolhandluke
15 hours ago, coolhandluke said:

one evap coil with start relay and run capacitor / not linear

no

@@bowhunter Check out webinar recordings index page. Take the time to watch linear motors and compressors. Thank Scott later.