Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
CTChampion

Fault Code - Control Panel

3 posts in this topic

I have a Fedders window air conditioner model A6D24E7B.  Sometime during the night it powered off and shows "E3" in the display.  I can unplug/replug the unit and attempt to turn it on, but it only runs for a couple of seconds before powering off again.

I called Fedders Customer Service and they told me the code referred to the control panel.  My question is, can I replace the control panel, or would it be more beneficial to just get another unit?  I didn't buy this unit, so I don't think it would still be under warranty.

Can anyone advise me on what I should do?

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello

Did tech support say anything else? Thats it? Replace the control panel. If thats their answer then I guess thats what has to B done.

Now its up to U. I would compare the cost of a new panel to the cost of a new unit. Also do you feel comfortable changing out the panel or would U need to call in someone.

Basically U need to decide if the unit is worth the time-trouble-cost- of repair compared to replacement.

Hope this helps:)

1-800-269-2609 call for control panel quote