Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 25 May 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers.
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, May 25 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore washer 110.27822790 won't drain or spin

OldGuy

Have not seen much on this particular top loader that I have done a lot of work on thanks to this site (clutch, trans, their connecting bits, etc.).  In this case, washer is stuck after the wash cycle, won't drain or spin.  A little research here pointed to the lid switch and sure enough, the plastic body into which the screws go had failed (cracked on one screw, completely broken on the other), so the switch moved enough when the lid was closed to prevent full switch activation.  I was able to get the switch out into the open and manually activated it...viola, drain and spin!  Ordering a new switch as I don't trust gluing it back together.

Previous owners of our house had left a Maytag washer that had the same symptoms.  The lid switch in that case had split cleanly in half.  I used a couple of small zip ties (cable ties) to bind the two halves back together, worked great.

So, problem solved.  Just thought I would post a solution.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CJrun

• 16345Ed

• everardo gonzalez

• OldGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

I am unable to Select a Forum to post a New Topic

Maytag top-loader Model Number MVWC300VW1

It isn't draining  It's down in Tallahassee in my brother's house I need to empty out.  Driving down from NC tomorrow, but would greatly appreciate some thoughts on likely tests or suspect parts.  I'll read tomorrow evening, sorry not to participate in early discussion, but miles to go before I can.

Please post this topic for me, I don't know why the Topics are grayed out for me, but I would sure like to hit the ground running on this Tuesday morning.

Thanks, you weirdos.