Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Ge Profile Harmony dryer, DPGT750G0PL,

Ciampieri

Dryer control panel randomly won’t light up or work. The light inside the dryer lights up so I know it’s getting power. Usually I will Unplug it for awhile and it will start working again but now that’s not the case. It’s about 16 years old so I know it’s at the end of its life but it’s such a great dryer.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ciampieri

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some research and I’m wondering if the control panel is getting stuck in “sleep mode”. I’m not sure there’s a repair for that short of replacing it. Any suggestions?

I just realized i had posted about this dryer problem last May. Thank you everyone who had responded at that time. I did check the vent and lint trap and made sure everything was clear. The dryer didn’t work for about 2 weeks back then  but then it just started working again and had been working fine until last Thursday. I decided to try it last night and it worked for 2 loads of laundry and then this morning it’s dead again although it did make a couple beeps when I held down the power button. I replaced a part in the matching washer last spring and its working great but given that the set is about 17 or 18 years old i will probably end up replacing both of them.