Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 25 May 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers.
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, May 25 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LDE3037ST/00 LG range dual burner not working

tommytman

Hello,
First post here. I have an LG range model LDE3037ST/00. one of the dual burners is not working at all. I looked into testing the continuity of the burner and was able to test that with an ohm meter and the burner has continuity on both burners (inner and outer). I want to test the limiter but all the direction online want me to check 1a-2a and 1b-2b resistance. The dual burner has 1b-2b terminals and a 2a terminal but I can't find a 1a terminal. what is the 1a terminal on a dual burner? the 1-b-2b shows no continuity at room temp. There is continuity between 2a and the terminals that connect to the burner element (labeled 3 and 4).

Can anyone tell me how to make sure I tested the burner properly and if the burner is good how can I check the board? Am I correct that the board I would need to replace is part EBR78931708?

All the other burners on the stove top work.

Thank you in advance for the help.  A schematic of the range PCB is attached

WXUqb4K.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WXUqb4K.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tommytman

• Vance R

• goldnkoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This should explain how to check the element. 1b to 2b is for the hot surface indicator light. If everything ohms out ok time to check for voltages.

lg dual element.jpg

Voltage measurement would be nice but since the rest of the board works odds are it is the board.  Since there are 2 dual elements you can swap to test.  Before ordering the board you can also look for cold solder joints on the back side.

You can check at the element using 2a to 3 for outer and 2a to 4 for inner.  At the board to would for the RF element ry19 yl wire to cn2 pin 4 outer, ry19 yl wire to cn2 pin 1 inner. For the LF element ry18 bn wire to cn11 pin 1 for outer and ry18 bn wire to cn11 pin 4 inner.  When on the voltage should be 240 vac.

Crazy update.  I finally had time today to think about checking voltage.  I tuned the left front element (the problem element) on as a double check and it came right on.  Now it seems to work intermittently.  Does this help diagnose at all?  I will have to wait for it to fail again to test voltage.  When I did take the range top off none of the wires appeared burnt or damaged at all.

• 9 months later...

How do you test the limiter on these burners? And how do these cycle based on temperature? I’m having trouble understanding how these kind of burners cycle and what role the limiter plays.

On 10/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, goldnkoi said:

How do you test the limiter on these burners?

This is a safety device if the element get too hot.

On 10/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, goldnkoi said:

And how do these cycle based on temperature?

The elements are controlled by the main board. The manual doesn't go into how it controls temp other than using relays.

17 hours ago, Vance R said:

This is a safety device if the element get too hot.

So how do you test if the limiter failed open, acting as if it were too hot but not and not allowing element to heat at all? Or can the limiter fail intermittently?