Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Move to Florida!

Koi Guy

Looking for intermediate and advanced technicians. I don't want to train, but will be happy to develop the next shooting star. We work on many brands and many types of machines. Common are: Whirlpool labeled, GE, Frigidaire, Samsung, LG, Bosch, Sub Z, Wolf, Viking, F&P, etc... We work on washers, dryers, refrigerators, ovens, dishwashers, ice machines, microwaves. I try not to get involved in stuff we have no interest in and I won't ask you to do what I wouldn't do. We're fixers- we don't take calls only for the service call fee, and we don't dilly dally around- we knock out calls steadily.

Pay is commission based on skill level. Starting at 30 or 35% depending on skill, m commission is 45%. Commission is profit of sale after tax and parts taken out. I don't markup the part from me to you- you pay what the wholesale cost is. You eat what you kill. Work at your own pace, but I expect at least six calls a day, most days are 6-8 to give quality service, but you can run as hard as you want, I have all the calls you can take. We work five days a week, but again, if you want the money- it's there Saturday's and Sunday's, although I encourage a moderate work schedule so you don't get burned out. We work areas so you're not driving all around and we try to optimize calls with forethought of parts, schedule and area. 

I provide the van, vehicle insurance, company insurance, gas, upkeep, parts, tools and any equipment you may need. I provide tablet, service software, office staff, and access to parts and information, and you can always call me for help on a job. I don't provide health insurance, but you can make enough money to buy it yourself. We're a healthy company with all the calls you could want.

We are a five person crew- myself, my wife who runs the office, my son in training, and two techs that have been with us 9 and 8 years. We're easy going, but expect to work. We like to work hard and play hard, live Life and make some money while doing that. We treat people straight up and have been rewarded for doing so. We have a 5 star rating with 201 reviews at this time, so you can see we kick ass and are reasonable people to work with.

Florida is free of state income tax. In this county, housing is moderately affordable as are goods. Pensacola is a historic city, has a Navy base and museum, Ft Pickens, beaches, good airport, dining, entertainment, and even more beaches. As in, you drive the beach to get to a call.

About Our City | City of Pensacola, Florida Official Website

U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: Escambia County, Florida

TOP 10 Reasons to Move to Florida (movingtofloridaguide.com)

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, my info is below.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

@Koi Guy

We are in the process of hiring our first tech, and have decided to use similar compensation structure you use. I am struggling to write up the employment / commission agreement and offer letter. Would you be willing to share an example of your onboarding packet?

Thanks,

Ken

@Ken King Yeah man, I have files from the Dean Landers biz course from like 12 years ago. I just looked at them and they are still relevant. I'd be happy to email them to you. DM your email.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:32 AM, Koi Guy said:

I provide the van, vehicle insurance, company insurance, gas, upkeep, parts, tools and any equipment you may need. I provide tablet, service software, office staff, and access to parts and information, and you can always call me for help on a job.

Damn throw in I can go fishing with you and I just might apply myself. 

• Haha 1

How do you stay in business paying for vehicle insurance, gas, tools and paying 45% commission? It seems like you are definitely leaving a lot on the table because after all overhead is considered you are probably taking home 10% gross before tax. This means that one of my techs makes me more profit than  2 of yours if not more, just something to consider.

56 minutes ago, Quick said:

Damn throw in I can go fishing with you and I just might apply myself. 

Let’s go!

32 minutes ago, Applianceservicellc said:

How do you stay in business paying for vehicle insurance, gas, tools and paying 45% commission? It seems like you are definitely leaving a lot on the table because after all overhead is considered you are probably taking home 10% gross before tax. This means that one of my techs makes me more profit than  2 of yours if not more, just something to consider.

I’m a magical wizard.

On 11/1/2022 at 10:24 AM, Applianceservicellc said:

Let's see your numbers. What's your biz name and location so I can see your reviews. How many techs and how long have they been with you? Educate me on how much money I don't make.

• Haha 1