Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Need Service Manual for Hisense Refrigerator HRF254N6TSE customer complains that no water is coming from water dispenser

bturner9

Manufacturer: Hisense
Type of Appliance: Refrigerator
Model Number: HRF254N6TSE
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): yes

I need the service manual for Hisense refrigerator with model number HRF254N6TSE.  Customer is complaining that the icemaker works, but there is no water coming from the water dispenser.

On 3/18/2022 at 2:06 PM, bturner9 said:
Manufacturer: Hisense
Type of Appliance: Refrigerator
Model Number: HRF254N6TSE
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): yes
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): yes

I need the service manual for Hisense refrigerator with model number HRF254N6TSE.  Customer is complaining that the icemaker works, but there is no water coming from the water dispenser.

The last time I had this issue it was not the valve or anything electrical. It was simply a matter that the dispenser switch was not engaging properly. It's cheap plastic that wore out. The paddle itself wore out. I have never replaced a valve on any of these high since units and I've worked on hundred so far.

Thank you very much, Schism.  I really appreciate it.  So did you just change out the dispenser switch?  Is it something that can be tested with a multimeter?

3 hours ago, bturner9 said:

Thank you very much, Schism.  I really appreciate it.  So did you just change out the dispenser switch?  Is it something that can be tested with a multimeter?

It's not an electrical part. The plastic rocket wore out and I just had tk replace the plastic rocker. Of course you might have a different issue but mine was simply rocker wore out so depressing the paddle didn't push the switch correctly. The switch was fine. 

2 minutes ago, Schism said:

It's not an electrical part. The plastic rocket wore out and I just had tk replace the plastic rocker. Of course you might have a different issue but mine was simply rocker wore out so depressing the paddle didn't push the switch correctly. The switch was fine. 

You could definitely start by putting your meter on the water valve leads and press the water dispenser and see if 120VAC hits the valve 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the response.  I will definitely try that when I get to the customer today.