Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Add-on Icemaker (WPW10715708) power connector doesn't fit Kenmore 596.69313010 freezer. Rewire it?

Stratis

I have a Kenmore fridge 596.69313010 bottom freezer and I installed a Whirlpool WPW10715708 icemaker kit and when I went to connect the power I had 2 problems. First the wires were too short and the connectors were not the same type. The fridge has a 4-wire flat connector purple, brown, green and white and the ice maker has a 4-wire molex connector green, brown, black, white. So... 1. Will it work if I rewire purple & black, brown & brown, green & green, white & white? 2. Where can i find a male 4-wire flat connector to use? I watched the installation videos, they were not any help. Need to know if any of the experts here have been in the situation before and requires the connector. Also a source for the flat male connector.

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stratis

• vee8power

• EngineeredAppliance

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EngineeredAppliance

Look up part number 4317943. This ice maker comes with a few different wiring harnesses that should fit your unit. No re-wiring is necessary. 

Like it.  I see the wiring harnesses I need in the pictures but not sure how to buy just the harness?  I called Whirlpool but they were not able to help me.  Any idea of a part number for only the wiring harness or how to find it?