Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Speed queen dryer model ADG30RGS111TW01

AWSHandy

The timer on this dryer will not advance. It is a new timer. I am afraid the person  who installed it did not wire correctly. Everything works, but the timer will not advance. I do not know which wire might be misplaced. I cannot decipher from wiring diagram. I have attached current wiring and schematic. Any help appreciated.

20220527_172649.jpg

20220527_172721.jpg

The timer has two black wires, from the diagram one black wire should go to terminal "n" that has a white (wht) wire. The other black wire should go to terminal "t" with 2 red/ black (red/blk) wires. 

Can't read the timer terminal letters in the picture of the timer. Seems one black wire from the timer motor is hooked to a yellow wire.  You will need to verify all wires are hooked their correct terminals first then possibly move the one black wire if needed.

• Like 1

The black wire from the timer motor should be removed from the contact M next to the yellow wire and be put on the contact N next to the white wire. 

I can't read every timer contact letter in that photo, but match them like this:

the two joined red wires with black line to T
the solid black wire from timer motor also to T
other black wire from timer motor to N
white to N
yellow to M
orange to H
red (joined with white with red line) to L2, the other side of that red (joined with brown) to S
gray to L1
white with red line to L3

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vance R said:

The timer has two black wires, from the diagram one black wire should go to terminal "n" that has a white (wht) wire. The other black wire should go to terminal "t" with 2 red/ black (red/blk) wires. 

Can't read the timer terminal letters in the picture of the timer. Seems one black wire from the timer motor is hooked to a yellow wire.  You will need to verify all wires are hooked their correct terminals first then possibly move the one black wire if needed.

Looks like me and Vance were riding the same brain wave at the same time 😃

• Like 1

I tried to move the black wire to the white wire terminal and when I turned on the power it shorted and tripped the circuit breaker.

1 hour ago, Vance R said:

You will need to verify all wires are hooked their correct terminals

Vance. That is what kind of help I am looking for. When I have replaced timers in the past, it is an easy 1 for 1 wire transfer. In this case, I am coming in after someone has improperly wired timer. So, Vance, can you answer that? I could not, from the schematic. I am looking for an answer based on  experience. 

3 hours ago, AWSHandy said:

So, Vance, can you answer that?

The timer has those letters molded into the case, hard to see in person let alone in a picture. If you can't follow the wire diagram, @igloo's list look good. Just read the letters and match the wire colors to proper terminals. Following a miss wired install is slow and tedious as you can't trust what was done. Checking every wire is the only way to correct. 

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 9:44 PM, AWSHandy said:

Vance. That is what kind of help I am looking for. When I have replaced timers in the past, it is an easy 1 for 1 wire transfer. In this case, I am coming in after someone has improperly wired timer. So, Vance, can you answer that? I could not, from the schematic. I am looking for an answer based on  experience. 

You need to use your wiring diagram