Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Any Electrolux Service Bulletins About Clothing Being Caught On Corner of Lint Filter And Dislodging It?

David1

Manufacturer: Electrolux
Type of Appliance: Dryer
Model Number: EFMC627UTT1
Have you validated the model number at an online parts site like Repair Clinic? (yes or no): YES
Have you watched the video on how to search for manuals and have you searched the Downloads section prior to posting this request? (yes or no): YES

Any Electrolux Service Bulletins About Clothing Being Caught On Corner of Lint Filter And Dislodging It? There is a gap on the side of the lint filter where clothing slips in and catches its corner. This is the second time I have been out on this dryer because the lint filter gets dislodged and then socks get stuck in the blower wheel. This dryer already has the updated vane/paddle as per service flash LN1803. Serial # 4D94308379

20221102_145204.jpg

Edited by David1

There is this one:

I see you already know about that one! @David1

Edited by Captain Dunsel

Yes, already saw that one. There should be a bulletin on the issue i described because it has happened to them four times now and it is obviously a design flaw that could be easily remedied by an updated lint filter or housing with a different shape. 

• 3 months later...

Actually, we've found the exact opposite of that service bulletin. We mostly see this issue on drums with 2 straight and 1 mixing vane. We replace the mixing vane with a straight vane so all 3 are straight. Haven't had a call back regarding this issue after replacing the mixing vane.

(specifically, it's the mixing vane that is getting clothes caught between it and the filter, pulling the filter out of it's housing, haven't had any complaints vis a vis the complaint addressed in that service bulletin)

Edited by tfre
  • Like 1