Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE Dishwasher UI board replacement continues to fail with replacement UI.

Brandyn
Go to solution Solved by Fourneeds,

Currently working with a customer who has the dishwasher “GTD605PSM0SS”, the UI board is failing continuously and are trying to replace. I have been back to this service call 2 times now with an OEM replacement UI and both have been complete duds, no power to them at all. The original board still functions so we do have power but the replacements are completely unresponsive. 

Does anybody know what may be going on or has anyone else experienced continuous bad replacement UI boards for this particular GE dishwasher. The part number for the UI board is; WD21X31904. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brandyn

• 16345Ed

• Fourneeds

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Brandyn said:

Currently working with a customer who has the dishwasher “GTD605PSM0SS”, the UI board is failing continuously and are trying to replace. I have been back to this service call 2 times now with an OEM replacement UI and both have been complete duds, no power to them at all. The original board still functions so we do have power but the replacements are completely unresponsive. 

Does anybody know what may be going on or has anyone else experienced continuous bad replacement UI boards for this particular GE dishwasher. The part number for the UI board is; WD21X31904. 

Did you check mainboard for flashing code? Mainboard either not getting power or not sending power, or you have a bad wiring harness. 

Main board has been replaced and is giving power to UI, the original UI still functions and is receiving power through harness/board but we’ve received two dead UI replacements. I’ve been doing research for these UIs’ and it seems like it is common to receive bad ones but I was curious if any one else has experienced this? 

• Solution

The part is on a recall and there is not substitute according to Marcone.  I’m not sure what the Next step would be here.