Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Frigidaire LFFH17F7HWH Upright Freezer Not Cooling

Howard Duncel

Howard Duncel

Full Disclosure - posting this for a friend and I don't have direct access to the freezer to troubleshoot, so I'm working from secondhand info ... my apologies for that.

Freezer is ~10 years old.  The display is showing 82F, with a Hi Temp alert.  Compressor doesn't appear to be running.  If there's a #1 known issue you could share it would be appreciated.  I suspect the Control Board, but understand it could be anything at this point.  Thanks!

Howard

Display.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Howard Duncel

• Vance R

• Jmax

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the evap fan motor running?, The evap fan motor and compressor are wired in parallel. So if one is running they both should be running. If the fan is running need to check for voltage at the compressor. If both are not running the odd of a bad board just went up.

i would say, it falls under refrigeration system issue. first, you need to verify with your meter that compressor is getting 120V. if it is, your start device most likely fail. one easy way to test them is remove them and shake them. if you hear any rattling sound then the link is broken on the inside. it is bad. second, make sure condenser fan is working. if not working, could cause compressor to overheat. last, check the winding of the compressor to see if they are open or not

Howard Duncel

Thank you for your help and suggestions, it is appreciated.  I'm hoping to get there later today or tomorrow with a DMM to troubleshoot.  Will report back when more info is available.

Howard Duncel

Turned out to be a bad compressor or other sealed system issue ... both the compressor and evap fan were running.  No cooling, no joy.  Much sadness.