Grab your flavorite fermented beverage and sit at the feet of the Academy's LG sensei:
Per LG training...
Explain to the customer that---removing the DISPENSER ASSY *will* sound as if you (the servicer) are rough/unprofessional.
When removing the entire Housing---loud snapping sounds are produced.
This is normal.
1) Slide forward and remove the drain tray (place finger(s) at the back/rear and squeeze locking tab)
2) Grasp the bottom of the DISPENSER HOUSING and firmly pull towards you (plastic straining noise will occur)
3) Working from the bottom---move to the lower edges and continue pulling/unsnapping the Housing Assy.
4) Since the DISPLAY is situated on the left side of the Housing---all wire connectors are on the left side.
5) Re-installing is much easier than removing. Apply effort to be certain that the Housing is fully snapped in place.
NOTE: Again---per LG---it is NOT uncommon for one or two plastic *tabs* to break when removing the Housing.
This was designed to still adequately be installed---minus a locking/snap tab or two.
Explaining this to your customer will eliminate their concerns---and you'll be a thought of as a professional because you
took the time to explain all of this to your cusomer *before* starting your repair work.
Not much different than having a doctor that tells a patient bluntly:
"Yes, this needle *will* hurt,but the medicine that I'm injecting is the cure for what ails you".
Buy parts for your LG refrigerator here with a 365-day return policy ==> http://www.repaircli...rigerator-Parts
Source: LG LMX25981ST refrigerator -- man'l req and disp. problems.