Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

LG washer doesn’t turn on when touch panel is attached

playfullyvivid

playfullyvivid

I have an LG WT7300CW 01 washing machine. At one point it began to turn on only when it wanted, and recently outright stopped turning on. I took it apart to take a look and deduced that when the front touch panel is attached, the thing would lock up and no longer work.

I figured the issue was the panel went bad so I ordered a used replacement from eBay. Hooking that one up did not solve the problem, and I’m no longer sure what the issue is. I would think the board is the issue, but when I interface with the board without the touch panel, everything works fine.

https://imgur.com/a/St0DuBY

I took a video showing the issue. In the video, the touch panel is installed and the dial will not work. I quickly uninstall the panel and try to rotate the dial again, but now it works.

This suggests that attaching the touch panel breaks the circuit. I could see that being the issue with the old one, but then why is this also happening with the replacement. Maybe the seller sold me a bad one I suppose, but I wouldn’t know how to test that. Right now we’re using it without the touch panel but ideally would want it fully assembled again.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dfphoto

• playfullyvivid

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

seems like something is touching the between the board and the UI

Maybe these two videos are the answer. I really don't know. 

In the video with the guy in the black shirt there is a link that skips to the actual fix. 

Hopefully that works 

Screenshot_20240105-103208.png

Screenshot_20240105-103224.png

good idea something is touch look  at the assembly carefully